Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Consider

Today the word “consider” has arrested my attention. The Lord dropped this word in my spirit this morning and has served as a strong source of inspiration for me all day long. Throughout the day rather than making immediate judgments or assessments I simply took the time to consider each matter. As part of my moments of consideration I recognized that I don’t “consider” near enough. Just consider...! I wonder if our busy schedules and technology addictions cause us to not take the appropriate time to just “consider”. Taking time to consider is very important to the believer and is crucial for Kingdom awareness. There is a danger when we fail to consider.
Isaiah 1:3 (NKJV)...
(3) The ox knows its owner and the donkey its master’s crib; but Israel does not know, my people do not consider.”
What happened to me today is that I was provided such a profound sense of empowerment as I paused to consider. My thoughts were more enlightened and my decisions were more settled. The misconception is that the time taken to consider will be lengthy and wasteful, but I found the opposite to be true as I pressed into consideration. With each consideration I learned more thus causing the time taken to consider to be shorter and more productive. Just consider...!

Consider what...? There is much to be considered and much of it important, but I am personally making a determination to consider only that which is productive and expansive. I gathered Scriptures with admonitions to consider to be the roadmap for what I would begin in my ongoing quest for purposed consideration. I will share these Scriptures with you. These are by no means exhaustive, but represent those that resonate for me.

Deuteronomy 4:39 (NKJV)...
(39) Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that the Lord Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other.


1 Samuel 12:23 - 24 (NKJV)...
(23) Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.
(24) Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.

1 Chronicles 28:10 (NKJV)...
(10) Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary; be strong, and do it.


Job 37:14 (NKJV)...
(14) “Listen to this, O Job; Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.


Psalms 8:3 - 5 (NKJV)...
(3) When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
(4) What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
(5) For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.


Ecclesiastes 7:13 - 14 (NKJV)...
(13) Consider the work of God; for who can make straight what He has made crooked?
(14) In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other, so that man can find out nothing that will come after him.


Romans 11:22 (NKJV)...
(22) Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

2 Timothy 2:1 - 7 (NKJV)...
(1) You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
(2) And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
(3) You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
(4) No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
(5) And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
(6) The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops.
(7) Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.


Hebrews 3:1 - 2 (NKJV)...
(1) Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
(2) Who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.

Hebrews 12:3 - 4 (NKJV)...
(3) For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
(4) You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.


2 Peter 3:14 - 16 (NKJV)...
(14) Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
(15) And consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

-- CONSIDER --

No comments:

Post a Comment