Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fw: For Your Encouragement

A dear friend of mine shared this poem with me as an encouragement for the difficult Mother's Day I just experienced. It was so inspiring that I felt compelled to share it on my blog. Hopefully it will encourage someone else the way it encouraged me.


+ Bishop Marque E. Duncan +
Sent from my BlackBerry® handheld device


From: nacqram@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 14:43:27 -0400
To: <bishop@bereanmadison.com>
Subject: For Your Encouragement

I said, "God, I hurt."
And God said, "I know."
I said, "God, I cry a lot."
And God said, "That is why I gave you tears."
I said, "God, I am depressed."
And God said, "That is why I gave you sunshine."
I said, "God, life is hard."
And God said, "That is why I gave you loved ones."
I said, "God, it hurts."
And God said, "I know."
I said, "God, my loved one died."
And God said, "So did mine."
I said, "God, it is such a loss."
And God said, "I saw mine nailed to a cross."
I said, "God, but your loved one lives."
And God said, "So does yours."

Robien D. Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment