Friday, May 15, 2009

Captured By The Calling

1 Corinthians 16:13-16...
13... Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
14... Let all your things be done with charity.
15... I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)
16... That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth.

In recent years there has been great emphasis on words like calling, anointing, ministry, vision, purpose, and destiny. While it is encouraging to see the thrust forward with this emphasis I'm concerned that we don't get stuck there and finally press to the next level. We want to move past the point of the realization of our calling into the actuating of our ministry. I challenge everyone to be "captured by the calling". The scripture above speaks of the people of the house of Stephanas and how they had been so captured by their calling that they were addicted to the ministry of the saints. In fact, because of their ministry addiction and diligence in Kingdom work they were recommended by the Apostle Paul to be worthy of being submitted to by the people of Corinth.

When one has learned to and begun to live out the ministry, God will bless them to live by the ministry (not the other way around, mind you). To get to that point one must not consider ministry as a secondary vocation or something one does on the side, but as an integral part of one's life. This sometimes takes a rearrangement of consideration. All else that I do is now considered secondary to my ministry and I do them to live now until I can live by the ministry. This sometimes takes a rearrangement of priority. I prioritize my day based on my calling and not let my calling be "a filler" for the rest of my day. This sometimes takes a rearrangement of duties. Ministry no longer takes a backseat to my other duties.

When I am finally captured by the calling no one has to convince me of it, I just know it...! When I am finally captured by the calling I no longer need motivators, because the ministry motivates me...! When I am finally captured by the calling I don't have to be pumped and primed into action, because I, like Paul, am willing to be poured out as a drink offering for the needs of the people of God...!

Once the calling captures you, you will be situated in your place of provision. Once the calling captures you, you will find your following and those that will submit to the "God leadership" in you. Once the calling captures you, there's not a demon in hell that will be able to stop you from fulfilling your God-given vision and walk in your God-established destiny, utilizing your God-granted anointing...!

No comments:

Post a Comment