Thursday, February 26, 2009

Efficiently and Effectively Finding Your Frequency

There are not many things that can be more frustrating than listening to a radio station that is off frequency. The static, the background noise, the inconsistency of sound and the inability to accurately discern what you're hearing drives you to readjust the station to either better capture the station you're listening to or just find another station altogether. This is a concept that is easy to understand as we have been in that place before. Even with the proliferation of CDs, mp3s, iPods and the like we can embrace this concept either by recognition of radio listening or cell phone usage…being out of frequency is a frustration and an irritation not to be tolerated.

What I find to be strange, yet real, is that while we can embrace the need to shift frequency and find a better signal in our usage of technology we struggle with this reality when the frequency is off in the operation of our lives. We will continue to tolerate the static, background noise, inconsistency of sound and inability to rightly discern rather than making the shift to truly find our frequency. What are we afraid of…? This stagnation causes us to continuously spin our wheels and chase our tails living lives that have been dictated to us by the proverbial "others". The strength of resolve comes in finding, setting and living in your own frequency that has been specifically carved out for you. Here's a special news flash for us all…WHAT WORKS FOR YOU MAY NOT WORK FOR ME AND WHAT WORKS FOR ME MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU…! Since God created us as individuals He specifically put a plan in place to deal with us as individuals. God being Sovereign, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent, He is more than capable and able to achieve this objective.

We can easily identify when we're off frequency once we acknowledge our inability to rightly discern where we are or where we are going. Before we know it we can end up flowing along operating by the dictates of someone else's ideals to the loss and ultimate demise of our own. I am not purporting an independent standoffish demeanor and attitude, but I am espousing the strength that lies in interdependence where we know well who we are and live in the frequency that God has designed specifically for us to excel.

I cannot nor can anyone identify your frequency for you and vice versa. This is a quest that we each must go on and be secure in knowing when we have found the correct frequency and the courage to recognize and acknowledge when that frequency has grown weak and shift frequencies and find a better signal.

In recent days I have come to an intimate realization of this phenomenon. You can get there before you know it. I found myself in a place where I knew things were not working for me, but I remained there in an effort to keep other people content. And the saddest part of this reality is that I didn't even realize it. Even after I recognized it, my refusal to acknowledge it further delayed my progress. The only way I could shift was to make some radical changes in direction and focus. Many people that I love and respect could not, and some still do not, understand my feverishly audacious maneuvers to which my only response is…"so be it". What seemed spontaneous to them took me many long hours in prayer, contemplation, study and strategy. It hurt me to hurt them, but it was necessary for me to be in the center of God's will, which is the ONLY place of safety. I am still tweaking the frequency for the right signal, but I am closer than I have been in quite a while. And you know what…it feels great…!

So to those who have taken the time to read this blog I challenge you (I can't help it…I'm a preacher) to find YOUR frequency. Be who God designed YOU to be and live there happily and without fear.

Well, I sort of went off on a tangent on this blog. It was my intention to deal with the difference between being efficient and effective in finding your frequency and the necessity of both, but I'm swiftly running out of steam plus I don't want this to be too long. So, perhaps I'll do that another time.

Just Consider…

Consider the following passage of scripture in light of the discussion in this blog about finding your frequency:

Hebrews 6:1 - 6 (NKJV) …

  1. Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
  2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
  3. And this we will do if God permits.
  4. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
  5. And have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
  6. If they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment